The Computer Science Help Center was a tutorial center supported by CSEE until 2014. Please note that the CS Help Center is no longer in service. Below are some resources that may be helpful to CMSC students.
- Resources for New Students – A guide designed specifically for new students. Covers topics such as Account Basics, UNIX Basics, Text Editors, and where to go to for Help.
Linux & UNIX
- Basic UNIX Commands – This is a very basic page of UNIX commands, such as how to copy, rename, delete, list contents of directories,chage directories, print files, display files, change your password, get additional help using the man pages, and more.
General Unix Help
- Submit Documentation – Describes the submit utility used for project submission in many CS/CE courses.
Documentation / Tutorials
- A List of Free Online Unix Training Materials compiled by Daniel Kegel of Ixia Communications.
emacs & xemacs
- Official GNU emacs Manual
- Official XEmacs Documentation
- Overview of emacs/xemacs
- Basic emacs reference card
- Extensive emacs reference card
gdb & ddd