Distinguished University Professor
Professor of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
324 Information Technology and Engineering (ITE) Building
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
email: adali -at- umbc -dot- edu
Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, North Carolina State University, 1992
M.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, North Carolina State University, 1988
B.S., Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, 1987
Dr. Adali’s research focuses on statistical signal processing, machine learning, matrix and tensor factorizations, applications in multi-set and multi-modal data fusion, medical image analysis, video analysis, and communications. To learn more about Dr. Adali’s recent research work on medical image analysis, read her research profile.
In the News
- Dr. Adali has been named an Otto Mønsteds Professor for 2016.
- Dr. Adali has been named a 2015 Fulbright Scholar.
- Tulay Adali receives 2012-2013
USM Regents’ Faculty Award for Scholarship/Research/Creative Activity.
- Dr. Adali is named an IEEE Signal Processing Society Distinguished Lecturer. She will serve
as a Distinguished Lecturer from January 1, 2012, until December 31, 2013.
- Dr. Adali receives the 2011 IEEE Signal Processing Society Best Paper Award with the paper “Complex ICA using Nonlinear Functions” IEEE Trans. Signal Processing, Sep. 2008, Adali, Li, Novey, and Cardoso.
- Dr. Adali and her group’s research is mentioned in the March 2011 issue of the IEEE Spectrum: Learning to diagnose mental illnesses from fMRI data.