Professor of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
329 Information Technology and Engineering (ITE) Building
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 1980
S.B., Electrical Engineering, MIT, 1971
Tim Finin holds the Willard and Lillian Hackerman Chair in Engineering at UMBC. He has over 40 years of experience in applications of artificial intelligence to problems in information systems and language understanding. His current research is focused on representing and reasoning with knowledge graphs, analyzing and extracting information from text, and enhancing security and privacy in information systems.
- Aritran Piplai, Mike Anoruo, Kayode Fasaye, Anupam Joshi, Tim Finin, and Ahmad Ridley, Knowledge Guided Two-player Reinforcement Learning for Cyber Attacks and Defenses, International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications, IEEE, December 2022.
- Priyanka Ranade, Sanorita Dey, Anupam Joshi, Tim Finin, Computational Understanding of Narratives: A Survey, IEEE Access, v10, pp. 101575-101594, September 2022..
- Ankur Padia, Francis Ferraro, and Tim Finin, Jointly Identifying and Fixing Inconsistent Readings from Information Extraction Systems, 3rd Workshop on Knowledge Extraction and Integration for Deep Learning Architectures, 60th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics, May 2022.
- Ramin Ayanzadeh, John Dorband, Milton Halem, and Tim Finin, Multi-Qubit Correction for Quantum Annealers, Nature Scientific Reports, Springer, July 2021.
- Priyanka Ranade, Aritran Piplai, Sudip Mittal, Anupam Joshi, and Tim Finin, Generating Fake Cyber Threat Intelligence Using Transformer-Based Models, Int. Joint Conf. on Neural Networks, IEEE, 2021.