Business Intelligence Internship (6/25/2012)
Optimal Solutions Group LLC (“Optimal”) has an opening for a Business Intelligence (BI) Intern at its offices at the University of Maryland’s Research Park at M-Square. This BI intern will assist research and IT personnel on multiple projects. Optimal differentiates itself from other public policy research and technical assistance firms by its quantitative expertise and innovative approaches. Founded in 2000, Optimal has more than 30 active federal contracts and a multidisciplinary staff of over fifty employees with expertise in health, education, workforce development, and information technology.
The qualified BI intern will perform the following duties:
- Interact with research and IT staff to gather Business Intelligence and reporting requirements , help prioritize the requirements, create technical specifications
- Design, code, test, and document all new or modified BI systems, applications, and programs
- Assist in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions
- Perform routine program and system modifications, performance tuning of applications as necessary, problem solving and debugging
- Support the on boarding and training of Business Users and Business Analysts
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials; provide technical support as necessary
- Adhere to good systems development methodology
- Conduct research and make recommendations on BI products, services, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Participates in special projects as required
Required Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with SQL server databases and database concepts
- Good understanding of Object Oriented programming concepts and SDLC processes
- Experience in Spotfire, MicroStrategy, Cognos, or other BI Tools
- Good understanding of Data warehousing and data mining concepts
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the BI reporting field.
- Strong Communication skills (Verbal and written)
- Must have strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving abilities.
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- Must be actively pursuing a B.S. or Master’s degree. Majors in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, computer information Systems, or Computer Engineering preferred.
Work Hours and Compensation:
- Part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer. Compensation is commensurate with years of education, training, and pertinent experience.
- Submit cover letter and resume to , reference “BI Intern” in subject line.
-- More CSEE job posts --
Posted in: Jobs