UMBC CMSC 313, Computer Organization & Assembly Language, Spring 2002, Section 0101
Introduction & Overview
Tuesday 01/29, 2001
Assigned Reading in Murdocca & Heuring: 1.1-1.8
Assigned Reading in Neveln: 1.1-1.6
- Course overview.
- Von Neumann and System Bus models.
- Operating system view of the world.
- Converting numbers between bases for whole numbers
and fractional numbers.
- Nonterminating fractions.
- Binary, octal and hexadecimal representations.
- Addition and subtraction in binary.
- Representation of negative numbers in binary:
signed magnitude, one's complement, two's complement
and excess bias.
14 Nov 2003 10:17:28 EST
to Spring 2002 CMSC 313 Section Homepage