UMBC CMSC 313, Computer Organization & Assembly Language, Spring 2002, Section 0101
Data Representation & Arithmetic I
Thursday 01/31, 2001
Assigned Reading in Murdocca & Heuring: 2.1-2.2, 3.1-3.3
Assigned Reading in Neveln: 2.4-2.7, 3.6-3.8
- Modular arithmetic: why two's complement works.
- Two's complement addition and subtraction.
- Overflow in two's complement arithmetic.
- Sign extension: adding and subtracting two's complement numbers
with different sizes.
- One's complement addition and end-around carry.
14 Nov 2003 10:17:28 EST
to Spring 2002 CMSC 313 Section Homepage