Classwork 1: Booting Linux
The first encounter with Linux
Note: at the end of the lab, you will use submit to turn in a transcript of your Linux session. If you do not finish all the steps, just submit as much as you get done.
- Boot into Linux (see posted instructions). Log in with your usual UMBC username and password.
- Use cat > filename to store your best (clean) joke or personal motto in a file. (Type Ctrl-D to end your input.)
- Use cat filename to check that your joke or motto was correctly saved.
- Have neighbor check if joke is funny. If not, rm filename and try another joke/motto.
- Submit using:
submit cs104_chang cw01 filename
- Check your submission with:
submitls cs104_chang cw01