This page provides information on where to seek help, how to download terminal and file transfer software, and how to interact with the GL Linux systems.
Where to Get Help
- Course Staff — You are welcome to stop by any staff member's office hours.
- Learning Resources Center — can arrange to provide one-on-one tutoring for most 100 and 200 level classes (including CMSC 202)
- UMBC Division of Information Technology (DoIT) — help with your GL account
- PuTTY — a terminal emulator to connect your Windows PC/laptop to the GL servers.
- Secure Shell App for Chrome — an SSH client that runs in your Chrome browser.
- TeraTerm Pro with SSH for Windows — a terminal emulator to connect your Windows computer to the GL servers.
File Transfer Tools
- WinSCP — file browsing and transfer tool for Windows.
- FileZilla — file browsing and transfer tool, similar to WinSCP, but runs on Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Remotely Accessing the GL Servers
- Working from Home — a talk presented by Dan Hood (Fall 2008)