Returned mail: Local configuration error

Mail Delivery Subsystem (MAILER-DAEMON@cdr.stanford.edu)
Mon, 3 Oct 1994 09:57:49 -0700

The original message was received at Mon, 3 Oct 1994 09:57:47 -0700
from soleil.lmsc.lockheed.com [129.197.2.1]

----- The following addresses had delivery problems -----
<olsen@piano.stanford.edu> (unrecoverable error)

554 MX list for piano.stanford.edu. points back to cdr.stanford.edu
554 <olsen@piano.stanford.edu>... Local configuration error

----- Original message follows -----
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 94 09:56:22 PDT
Sender: agents@aic.lockheed.com
From: Ralph Becket <Ralph.Becket@cl.cam.ac.uk>
To: olsen@piano.stanford.edu
Subject: Re: What's the Best Intelligent Agent Software?

That's a tricky one - the agents field is still quite immature.
I think it really depends on what you want to do. I suggest you
have a look at CLIPS (available as freeware, it's a superb rule
based shell that compiles down to C) and DynaCLIPS (not freeware,
but I don't think it costs a bomb). DynaCLIPS is a set of
blackboard extensions to CLIPS allowing you to build DAI type
systems. Part of the problem is that:

i) there's not much `general' intelligence around, since
intelligence is largely knowledge driven, so it's hard
to come up with impressive domain independant agents; and

ii)it's hard to build even general purpose agents without
much intelligence, since different applications require
different representation languages.

Best thing to do would be have a look at (Dyna)CLIPS and post to
comp.ai asking other people's opinion - I'm afraid I'm not an
expert on what's available!

Best of luck,

Ralph