Richard Chang: Short Curriculum Vita
Are you the Richard Chang who ...?
- Ph.D. in Computer Science,
Ithaca, New York, August 1991.
On the Structure of NP Computations Under Boolean Operators
- M.S. in Computer Science (minor in Mathematics),
Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, May 1989.
- B.S. in Computer Science and Mathematics,
Potsdam, New York, May 1986.
- My interests cover computational complexity theory
and the analysis of algorithms;
in particular, NP optimization problems, approximation
problems, randomized reductions, bounded query classes, Boolean
Hierarchy, space bounded computations and relativizations.
- A complete index of my papers with version
history and abstracts is available online. A version of each paper
is available in PostScript or PDF.
Department Committees (selected):
College of Engineering Committees:
- Undergraduate Committee, member 1993-1995 & 1996-present,
chair 1998-2000, 2002-2004.
- Scheduling Commmittee, member 2000-2001, 2002-present.
- Faculty Search Committee, member 1993-1998, chair 1996.
- Graduate Committee, member 1996-1997.
- Lecturer Search Committee, member 1997 & 1998.
- Advisor Search, member 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004.
- COE Industrial Advisory Board Undergraduate Committee,
member 1999-2000, 2002-2004.
- Honors College Advisory Board, member 2003-present.
- Undergraduate Council, member 2001-2003, executive committee 2002-2003.
- Committee on Applied Graduate Programs, member 2001-2002.
- First-Year Seminars, member 2001, 2003, 2004.
- Nominating Committee, member 1997-2002, acting chair 2001-2002.
- Program Committee:
Fourteenth IEEE Conference on Computational Complexity (1999)
Second Annual International Computing and Combinatorics Conference (1996).
- Organizer: The 8th,
Maryland Theoretical Computer Science Days.
Chicago Journal of Theoretical Computer Science,
Information and Control,
Information Processing Letters,
Journal of the ACM,
Journal of Computer and System Sciences,
Mathematical Systems Theory,
SIAM Journal on Computing
Theory of Computing Systems.
- Member: ACM.
2 Jul 2004 20:10:50 EDT