UMBC CMSC441, Design and Analysis of Algorithms,
Fall 1996 Section 0101
Professor Chang's section: Tuesday & Thursday, 1pm - 2:15pm, ACIV 151
For office hours, email addresses, office locations, etc.
- Jan 2 1997, 1:10pm: Final grades were emailed to your gl account.
If your disk quota was full, the mail message bounced. You can request
an additional copy by email after you clear out some space in your
- Note on Final Exam: You may bring a calculator. You may
bring a crib sheet. The crib sheet must be hand-written on a previously
blank 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of paper. You may use both sides of the crib
sheet. No other crib sheet will be provided at the exam.
- Project Due Date: The project due date is Tuesday December
10. However, if you turn in your project by noon Tuesday December 17, we
will not take off any points.
- Reminder: The final exam is on Thursday, December 19, 8:30pm
to 10:30pm in Lecture Hall 5.
- Project assigned.
- HW 8-10 Assigned.
- HW 4-7 Assigned (Sat 9/28):
- HW 4: Ex 7.5-5, Ex 10.3-5, Ex. 10.3-8
- HW 5: Ex 10.3-7, Problem 11-2, Ex 12.3-3
- HW 6: Problem 12-1, Ex 14.1-3, Ex 14.2-5
- HW 7: Ex 16.4-2, Problem 16-2, Problem 16-5
- Announcement (Thu 9/5):
I entered the social security numbers of people requesting to add the
course into the STARS system. Presumably, you can add this course
- Correction (Wed 9/4): Ali Selcuk's office hours will be 4:30pm to
5:30pm on Monday and Wednesday, not 5:30pm to 6:30pm as originally
- First lecture (Tue 9/3):
syllabus , and
first homework set
Thu Jan 2 13:15:16 EST 1997
Richard Chang, email@example.com