UMBC CMSC 313, Computer Organization & Assembly Language, Spring 2002, Section 0101
Thursday 04/18, 2001
Assigned Reading in Murdocca & Heuring: A.11
Assigned Reading in Neveln:
- Introduction to sequential logic.
- A model of a finite state machine with flip-flops acting
acting as memory elements.
- The basic idea of a latch illustrated with a relay
and with two inverters.
- An SR flip-flop (latch) constructed from two NOR gates
and from two NAND gates.
- Using a clock to solve the problem of glitches and hazards.
- Clocked SR flip-flops and clocked D flip-flops.
- Some timing issues solved with a master-slave D flip-flop.
- Clocked J-K flip-flops and the endless toggle problem.
Circuits in DigSim:
Following these links will launch the DigSim Java applet and
load the circuit described.
14 Nov 2003 10:17:29 EST
to Spring 2002 CMSC 313 Section Homepage