UMBC CMSC 313, Computer Organization & Assembly Language, Spring 2002, Section 0101
Combinational Logic Components
Tuesday 04/16, 2001
Assigned Reading in Murdocca & Heuring: A.10
Assigned Reading in Neveln:
- Standard components in combinational logic:
multiplexers, demultiplexers, decoders and priority encoders.
- Using an 8-to-1 multiplexer to implement the MAJ3 function.
- Using a 4-to-1 multiplexer to implement any Booelan function
of 3 variables.
- Example: using components to combine smaller memory
units to form larger memory units. (This material is
in Murdocca & Heuring 7.2 to 7.5.)
- Read-Only Memory (ROM) implemented using a decoder and
using ROM as a look-up table.
Circuits in DigSim:
Following these links will launch the DigSim Java applet and
load the circuit described.
14 Nov 2003 10:17:28 EST
to Spring 2002 CMSC 313 Section Homepage