UMBC CMSC 313, Computer Organization & Assembly Language, Fall 2004, Section 0101
Cache Memory, I/O
Tuesday 12/07, 2004
Assigned Reading in Murdocca & Heuring: 7.6, 8.1-8.3
Assigned Reading in Neveln:
Slides (in PDF): Slides26.pdf
- Discussed DigSim Assignment 3.
- Cache memory and why burst reads from SDRAM are useful.
- Systems with virtual memory and cache memory.
- Basic issues in I/O. System bus.
- I/O architectures: programmed I/O (polling), interrupts,
Direct Memory Access (DMA).
9 Dec 2004 12:52:56 EST
to Fall 2004 CMSC 313 Section Homepage