UMBC CMSC 313, Computer Organization & Assembly Language, Fall 2004, Section 0101
Flip Flops I
Tuesday 11/16, 2004
Assigned Reading in Murdocca & Heuring: A.11
Assigned Reading in Neveln:
Slides (in PDF): Slides21.pdf
- Introduction to sequential logic and finite state machines.
- An SR latch.
- Hazards & glitches and why we need clocks.
- A clocked S-R latch, a clocked D latch
- A master-slave D flip-flop and timing issues.
- Two phase clocks.
- Latches vs flip-flops: definitions & terminology.
- JK flip-flops and endless toggle.
Circuits in DigSim:
Following these links will launch the DigSim Java applet and
load the circuit described.
18 Nov 2004 22:54:53 EST
to Fall 2004 CMSC 313 Section Homepage