UMBC CMSC 313, Computer Organization & Assembly Language, Fall 2004, Section 0101
Thursday 11/11, 2004
Assigned Reading in Murdocca & Heuring: B.1-B.2
Assigned Reading in Neveln:
Slides (in PDF): Slides20.pdf
- Continued discusion on Karnaugh maps (K-maps).
- Notes on the limitations of Karnaugh maps.
- In general, circuit minimization is a very difficult problem.
(E.g., if we can minimize circuits quickly, we can crack passwords.)
- Several K-map examples done on the white board (not on slides).
- Higher dimensional K-maps are needed for functions of 5 &
6 variables (not really practical).
- Quine-McCluskey tabular algorithm for circuit minimization.
9 Dec 2004 12:40:06 EST
to Fall 2004 CMSC 313 Section Homepage