UMBC CMSC 313, Computer Organization & Assembly Language, Fall 2004, Section 0101
Circuits for Addition
Thursday 11/04, 2004
Assigned Reading in Murdocca & Heuring: 3.5
Assigned Reading in Neveln:
Slides (in PDF): Slides18.pdf
- Returned midterm exam and discussed the solutions.
- Design of a half adder and a full adder.
- Using 4 full adders to construct a 4-bit ripple
- A 4-bit carry-lookahead adder.
- Considered the trade-offs between speed (lower propagation
delay) and size (number of gates).
- A combined adder/subtractor is possible for
two's complement numbers.
10 Nov 2004 21:42:07 EST
to Fall 2004 CMSC 313 Section Homepage