UMBC CMSC 313, Computer Organization & Assembly Language, Fall 2004, Section 0101
Tuesday 10/19, 2004
Assigned Reading in Murdocca & Heuring:
Assigned Reading in Neveln: 9.1-9.8
Intended Slides (in PDF):
- A sample midterm exam was handed out.
Available online in PDF: oldexam1.pdf.
- The projector in ITE 227 was broken again. Lecture was
given on the white board. Slides14.pdf
has the slides that roughly corresponds to the lecture given.
- The two-tiered page table used by Linux on the Pentium platform.
- Linux uses virtual memory to solve the problems of:
- not enough physical memory
- memory fragmentation
- memory protection
- Segmentation and shared code.
20 Oct 2004 00:57:17 EDT
to Fall 2004 CMSC 313 Section Homepage