UMBC CMSC 313, Computer Organization & Assembly Language, Fall 2004, Section 0101
Introduction & Overview
Thursday 09/02, 2004
Assigned Reading in Murdocca & Heuring: 1.1-1.8
Assigned Reading in Neveln: 1.1-1.6
Slides (in PDF): Slides01.pdf
- Handed out
- Discussed academic integrity with respect to programming projects
and homework for this class.
- Computing systems for this class ---- if you don't know Unix,
- Levels of machines, the job of the operating system.
- Machine models: von Neumann vs. System Bus
- Fetch-Execute Cycle
- Review of base conversion: from base 6 to base 10, base 10 to base
6, binary numbers, hexadecimal numbers.
15 Sep 2004 21:03:07 EDT
to Fall 2004 CMSC 313 Section Homepage