UMBC CMSC 313, Computer Organization & Assembly Language, Fall 2003, Section 0101
Finite State Machines
Thursday 11/20, 2001
Assigned Reading in Murdocca & Heuring: A.12-A.13
Assigned Reading in Neveln:
- Slides are available in PDF:
- Discussed DigSim Exercise 1.
- Two-phase clocks solve the difficulty with Master-Slave J-K Flip
- Mealy vs Moore models of finite state machines.
- Vending machine example.
- Sequence detector example.
Circuits in DigSim:
Following these links will launch the DigSim Java applet and
load the circuit described.
4 Dec 2003 13:45:26 EST
to Fall 2003 CMSC 313 Section Homepage