UMBC CMSC 313, Computer Organization & Assembly Language, Fall 2003, Section 0101
i386 Assembly Language I
Tuesday 09/09, 2001
Assigned Reading in Murdocca & Heuring:
Assigned Reading in Neveln: 3.10-3.13, 4.1-4.8
- Slides are available in PDF:
- ASCII, EBCDIC and UNICODE character codes.
- Moore's "Law" and the evolution of the Pentium architecture.
- General purpose registers in the Pentium CPU and their
- i386 addressing modes.
- Using the gdb debugger. (Demo next time.)
The assembly language programs shown in class have the .asm extension. The
corresponding file with the .txt extension is usually a transcript with
14 Nov 2003 10:13:47 EST
to Fall 2003 CMSC 313 Section Homepage