UMBC CMSC 313, Computer Organization & Assembly Language, Fall 2002, Section 0101
Data Representation II
Thursday 09/05, 2002
Assigned Reading in Murdocca & Heuring:
Assigned Reading in Neveln:
- Recap representing negative numbers in binary.
- One's complement addition and end-around carry.
- Two's complement addition and subtraction.
- Overflow in two's complement arithmetic.
- Sign extension: adding and subtracting two's complement numbers
with different sizes.
- ASCII, EBCDIC and Unicode representations for text.
14 Nov 2003 10:21:58 EST
to Fall 2002 CMSC 313 Section Homepage