UMBC CMSC202, Computer Science II, Spring 1998,
Sections 0101, 0102, 0103, 0104 and Honors
Final Exam Topics
The final exam is on Thursday May 21, 10:30am - 12:30pm in
Lecture Hall 5. The exam will be comprehensive (cover the entire
semester) and will focus on the following topics:
Recursion (both reading & writing)
Sorting algorithms (which one does what)
Pointers vs arrays
Performance of the following data structures
(i.e., the pros and cons of using one versus another)
- dynamically allocated arrays
- linked lists
- binary search trees
- hash tables
Tree operations (preorder, inorder, postorder traversals)
Binary Search Tree operations (insert, search, delete, etc.)
- OOP - what are some advantages?
- Classes & members (what the heck are they?)
- Public vs private vs protected members
- Derivation and Inheritance ---
i.e., what they mean and who has access to what.
Note:  you will get the chart that spells this out.
You will have to memorize definition of "private" vs "public"
- Constructors, destructors, new and delete
- Dangers of destructors
- Function overloading
- Reference variables & parameters
- Const parameters
7 May 1998 12:05:40 EDT
to Spring 1998 CMSC 202 Section Homepage