UMBC CMSC201, Computer Science I, Spring 1994
Sections 0101, 0102 and Honors
Tuesday February 1, 1994
Assigned Reading: 1.1 - 1.7
Handouts (available on-line):
- Administrative details.
- Grading policy, late policy and cheating policy
- Overview of the material covered.
- Details on using the computer system will be covered
in recitation, not the lecture.
- Should you take CMSC 201? (See hand out
"FAQ about Placement...".)
- Discussion on "Why is programming difficult?"
Answer: it is difficult to check your work because
combinatorial explosion keeps you from checking every case.
In short: programming isn't difficult, debugging is.
- Discussion on "How to be a good programmer."