UMBC CMSC201, Computer Science I, Fall 1994
Section 0101, 0102 and Honors
Midterm Exam Information
The average grade on the midterm exam was 32.867 out of 46 (=71.45%).
The distribution of the grades is given below:
The letter grades given above are not meant to be a curve
(no points will be added to your midterm score). Instead, they
represent my best guess of what your final grade would be
if your performance continues at this level. This is just
an estimate, your actual mileage may vary. For example, if
you don't turn in any projects, you would surely fail the course.
- 30 students scored between 40 and 46. This is a good "A"
- 18 students scored between 35 and 39. This is a "B+"
effort, but if you wanted an "A" you should work harder.
- 18 students scored between 30 and 34. This is a solid
- 14 students scored between 25 and 29. This is "C"
performance. You will get by the requirements, but
you might want to do better than this.
- 9 students scored between 20 and 24. This would
be interpreted as a "C-", but you are in danger of
slipping into the "D" and "F" range.
- 9 students scored less than 20. You are in "D"
and "F" territory. We should talk.
Mon Oct 31 01:27:44 EST 1994
Richard Chang, email@example.com