UMBC CMSC201, Computer Science I, Fall 1994
Section 0101, 0102 and Honors
Final Exam Information
The average grade on the final exam was 46.33 out of 65 (=71.28%).
The distribution of the grades is given below:
- 15 students scored between 60 and 65.
- 10 students scored between 55 and 59.
- 11 students scored between 50 and 54.
- 13 students scored between 45 and 49.
- 11 students scored between 40 and 44.
- 10 students scored between 35 and 39.
- 10 students scored between 30 and 34.
- 4 students scored between 25 and 29.
- 2 students scored between 20 and 24.
There was an error in one of the multiple choice questions which asked:
When an array parameter is passed to a function:
the elements of the actual array parameter are copied into the
elements of the formal array parameter.
the elements of the formal array parameter are copied into the
elements of the actual array parameter.
the actual parameter is a pointer that holds the address of the
the programmer must write code which allocates enough space for
the function to store the array.
The intended answer was c. However, the choice should
have been "the formal parameter is a pointer that holds the address
of the actual paramter." This question was thrown out. Since most
people chose the intended answer, the exam was graded out of 65 points.
(In essence, everyone received 2 free points.)
Wed Jan 4 11:30:04 EST 1995
Richard Chang, email@example.com