Using PHP on CSEE Personal Web Pages
1. Using PHP on CSEE web servers is the same as using any other CGI langauge such as Perl. Review the instructions at the CSEE CGI Guide to become familiar with using CGI.
2. Create your PHP file (make sure it has a .php extension), e.g. ~username/www/filename.php
3. The first line of that file should read:
4. Write your PHP script. Documentation describing the PHP langauge can be found at http://www.php.net.
5. Make sure you set permissions properly on your script:
chmod 755 ~username/www/filename.php
6. Load the page with your favorite Web Browser to ensure that it works.