From CSEE Documentation
Multiple Web Browsers may be available on the supported platforms. The highly popular Firefox is available on all supported operating systems. Linux has Opera and Chrome available.
Access from Command Line
- Type the command
Access from Java Desktop System
- Right-click on the GNOME panel (close enough windows if there is empty space in your panel).
- Highlight the "Add to Panel" menu item and click "Launcher..." in the sub-menu.
- For the Name, type in: Firefox
- For the Generic name, type in: Firefox
- For the Command, type in: /usr/bin/firefox
- Click the Icon squre (it will say No Icon by default)
- In the new icon selection window, type: /usr/lib/firefox/icons/mozicon128.png
- Click the OK button. The icon selection window will close.
- Click the OK button. The Create Launcher window will close.
- Adjust the location of the Firefox icon as needed in your GNOME panel by dragging and dropping.
- Firefox - select from the graphical menu or /opt/firefox/firefox from the command line
- Chrome - select from the graphical menu or /opt/google/chrome/chrome from the command line
- Opera - select from the graphical menu or /usr/bin/opera from the command line