Forward Email to another account
Your CSEE email may be forwarded to another address. Forwarding your CSEE email means that the CSEE mail server will send your incoming email to another email address of your choice. This may be convenient for some users, but please note that copies of forwarded emails will not be kept on the CSEE servers.
Directions to forward your CSEE email
1. Log into your CSEE UNIX shell account.
2. Type the following shell command to backup any existing email forwarding information.
mv -f ~/.forward ~/.forward-old
3. Type the shell command below to create your email forward.
* Replace email@example.com with the email address where you want to forward your email to.
echo firstname.lastname@example.org > ~/.forward
* This command created a new file in your home directory called .forward with your forwarding email address inside it.