Multiple Web Browsers may be available on the supported platforms. The highly popular Firefox is available on all supported operating systems. Linux has Opera available.
Access from Command Line
- Type the command
Access from Java Desktop System
- Right-click on the GNOME panel (close enough windows if there is empty space in your panel).
- Highlight the "Add to Panel" menu item and click "Launcher..." in the sub-menu.
- For the Name, type in: Firefox
- For the Generic name, type in: Firefox
- For the Command, type in: /usr/bin/firefox
- Click the Icon squre (it will say No Icon by default)
- In the new icon selection window, type: /usr/lib/firefox/icons/mozicon128.png
- Click the OK button. The icon selection window will close.
- Click the OK button. The Create Launcher window will close.
- Adjust the location of the Firefox icon as needed in your GNOME panel by dragging and dropping.
- Chrome - select from the graphical menu or /usr/bin/google-chrome from the command line
- Firefox - select from the graphical menu or /opt/firefox/firefox from the command line