Bottom-Up Red-Black Tree Demo Documentation
When you load the demo page, there will be 7 buttons and one field where
you can type integers. The integer currently in this field will be called
value. The buttons operate as follows:
You can also move nodes in the tree around, e.g. to improve readability, by
clicking on the node and then dragging it to the desired location.
- insert - Insert the value into the tree using the bottom-up
- delete - Remove the node containing the value from the
tree using the bottom-up algorithm.
- faster - Make the animations (e.g. of rotations) move
- slower - Make the animations (e.g. of rotations) move
- clear - Replace the current tree with an empty tree.
- step on/off - As you know, the insertions and deletion in a RB
tree can involve a number of steps. If you want to see these steps happen
one at a time, click on this button. Then, when you insert or delete an
item, all of the other buttons will disappear, leaving only the next
button. Each time you click on it another step in the operation will
occur. When the operation is complete, all of the other buttons will
- next - See the descriptions of the step on/off button.