CMSC 341 News Archive
This file lists announcements concerning CMSC-341, Spring 2004.
Announcements are in reverse chronological order. The latest
announcement is on top.
- 9 April 2004 See an important update for project 4.
- 7 April 2004 Project 4
Description has been posted.
- 2 April 2004 A reminder that Exam 2 for Mr. Hood's section has been changed to Wednesday, April 7th.
- 31 March 2004 A discussion board for Exam 2 has been created
- 25 March 2004
A reminder that Exam 2 for Mr. Frey's section has been changed to Tuesday, April 6th
14 Mar 2004.
A number of students failed to reference LinkedList.H and .C files in
their Project 2 makefile,
and their code failed to compile. If you had this and other errors in your
Project 2 makefile, you
are given one chance to submit a corrected makefile and have your Project
2 re-graded with the
new makefile. Here are specifics concerning re-submitting your makefile:
1. Your new makefile must be submitted by 11:59PM, Wednesday, March
2. You are allowed to re-submit makefile only, you must NOT re-submit any
3. A 10 point penalty will be applied to the re-graded score.
4. If you submit a new makefile, please notify by email the course
(email@example.com), the instructor and TA of your section.
To avoid recurrence of this and other types of makefile problems, you are
recommended to test your submission by executing "submitmake" and
submitrun". You will not
be given a second chance for makefile problems for later projects in this
10 Mar 2004 See an important update toProject
3 relating to level order traversals.
- 8 Mar 2004 Project
3 has been posted.
3 Mar 2004 Some clarifications and sample output have been
posted for project 2.
18 Feb 2004 Due date for Project 2 is extended to March 7.
Proj 2 questions will be posted soon.
16 Feb 2004 Exam 1
Review Questions posted.
Mr. Edeleman will be hosting a review session for
exam 1 on Thursday 2/19/04 in LH8 in the ITE building.
It will start about 7:00 and run for around 2 hours.
16 Feb 2004
Project 2 Description has been posted.
- 11 Feb 2004 Update on Project 1 description
- You are allowed to have any accessors in addition to
accessors for Book and Periodical classes (e.g., accessors for
- 09 Feb 2004 Correction on Project 1 description
- A minor mistake with naming of methods for library functions in
PatronRecord class has been corrected in Proj1 description.
- 05 Feb 2004
- 04 Feb 2004
- A FAQ for Project 1 is added to the Blackboard's Course Document.
- Questions you need to answer as part of the project assignment
(Task 8) has been posted.
- 03 Feb 2004 Update on Project 1 description
- Project 1 Makefile has been updated. There were spaces instead of a
tab on line 45.
- Proj1.C has been changed to #include "PatronRecord.H" to match
the rest of the project description (was "Patron.H").
- Several public functions are added to PatronRecord class.
- 02 Feb 2004 Update on Project 1 description
- You are allowed to add public functions to Book and
Periodical classes that return their individual attributes
(e.g., string & get_title() const to get the title of a book
You may also make public the functions that set values of
recallStatus, renewCout, and due_date for renew and recall operations.
- Sample output is replaced by a new, more elaborated version.