This page contains various resources on where to get help, C++, Visual Studio, Eclipse and UMBC's computing environments.
Help with Course Material
Where to Get Help
- Course Staff - all on BlackBoard. Look for "Where can I find help?"
- UMBC Division of Information Technology (DoIT) — help with your GL account
- Linux User's Group (LUG) — the LUG typically has an installfest each semester to assist in install Linux and maintains an active mailing list where people ask & answer Linux questions.
- A list of C++ reference books
- A good C++ FAQ
- A general C/C++ reference page
- An introduction to the basics of the C++ Standard Template Library (STL)
- A summary of the C++ string class including information on using getline( )
- A summary of the C++ vector class
- A web page on formatted I/O
- Look for Visual Studio Professional 2012. It has WAY TOO MUCH STUFF!!!
- Only install what you need (C++!!)
- From start to finish using GL to program C++ Projects
- Visual Studio 2012 Training Playlist!!
- Importing a files into your Eclipse project
- An Eclipse Tutorial by Dan Hood PPT PDF
- Eclipse Juno (2012) on-line help
- Eclipse Indigo (2011) on-line help
- Eclipse Helios (2010) on-line help
Remotely Accessing the GL Servers
- Working from Home — a talk presented by Dan Hood (Fall 2008)
GDB and Make
- A good tutorial on debugging in general and gdb in particular
- An introduction to gdb
- A Make Tutorial