CMSC 341 News Archive
This file lists announcements concerning CMSC-341, Fall 2004.
Announcements are in reverse chronological order. The latest
announcement is on top.
- 28 Oct 2004 Exam 2 review questions posted.
- 27 Oct 2004 Exam 2 review session will be held on 11/4, 7:00 - 9:00
PM. Room SS205
- 24 Oct 2004 Weiss' BST code generates a warning with certain
compiler switches. A new version of BinarySearchTree.cpp has been posted
that does not generate this warning.
- 21 Oct 2004 The COMPLETE command for project 2 is now extra
credit. If you choose not to implement COMPLETE, your program must process
the command and output a message saying that COMPLETE is not implemented.
You will receive 5 points for a non-recursive solution to COMPLETE, and 10
points for a fully recursive solution.
- 27 Oct 2004 Exam 2 review session will be held on Thursday,
November 4, 7:00 - 9:00 PM. Room TBA
- 11 Oct 2004 New LinkedList.h and LinkedList.cpp files have been
posted. The old ones referred to include files in a way that caused
trouble on some compilers.
- 11 Oct 2004 Project 2 had you define types size_t and addr_t.
However, size_t is defined in some standard header files. Therefore, you
should use mem_size_t and mem_addr_t instead. All driver files used to
grade your project will use these type names for sizes and addresses rather
than size_t and addr_t as the project description originally said.
- 06 Oct 2004
has been posted.
- 29 Sep 2004 A discussion board for exam 1 has been added to the
- 27 Sep 2004 Exam 1 review session will be held in ACIV 145 from 7:00PM - 9:00,
Wednesday, September 29.
- 24 Sep 2004 Review questions for exam 1 posted.
- 21 Sep 2004 TA Sweety Chauhan will not be available during her
regularly scheduled office hours at all the week of 9/27 - 10/1.
- 20 Sep 2004 The project description says that the Raster class
should maintain a 2D array of characters. However, the size of that array
is not specified until run time, which means that as a matter of
implementation you must either use a vector of characters or malloc/new a
1D array of characters. That is, the Raster maintains an array of
characters that is conceptually 2D but is in fact 1D.
- 14 Sep 2004 The Makefile for project one was set up to compile
DisplayObject.cpp, which is an error because that file defines a templated
class. The Makefile has been modified accordingly.
- Exam 1 review will be held Wednesday, 9/29, from 7:00 until
around 9:00 (or possibly later) in room ACIV 145.