- Midterm Exam I, Thursday, March 15th.
- Bring Photo ID to Exam I
(unless you know that I know that you know that I know who you are).
- List of Exam I topics
- Question: Are explicit calls to the destructor allowed?
- Finish up Destructors, Copy Constructors and Assignment.
- Generic Programs.
Exam I Topics: Basic C++
- OOP Concepts: encapsulation, aggregation, code reuse.
- Using C++ Library Classes: string, vector.
- References and const references.
- Function signatures and function overloading.
- Functions with default arguments.
- Static, automatic & dynamic storage allocation (lifetime).
- Scope: local, class, namespace & global.
- Scope resolution operator ::.
Exam I Topics: C++ Classes
- Public vs private
- Syntax for using member functions and data members
- Constructors, including use of member initializers
- const and const member functions
- Static data members and static member functions
- Class design issues
- Operator overloading
Exam I Topics: Coding
Be prepared to write code that:
- uses C++ library classes: strings and vectors.
- uses C++ I/O operators: << and >>
- uses OOP design principles, including encapsulation and aggregation.
- implements a member function for a specified class.
- implements a constructor for a specified class.
- overloads an operator.
- provides the definition of a C++ class.
Not on Exam I
- Pointers (will be on Exam II)
- Dynamic memory allocation (will be on Exam II)
- Hacking C++