CMSC 202 Computer Science II
Prof. Richard Chang
- Yes, discussion sections are meeting this week.
- Room change: Discussion Sections 0101 & 0102 meet
in ITE 240.
- No TA office hours this week.
- Students on hold list were given permission.
Topics for Today
- Course Description & Syllabus
- Programming Projects & Academic Conduct
- What is Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)?
- Example: vectors
- Programming projects must be individual work
- Zero tolerance policy
- Punishments are harsh
- Detection can be delayed
- Don't ask your friends for their code
How to get an A in CMSC 202
- Attend the lectures, don't rely on the course web pages.
- Attend the discussions, it's part of your grade.
- Read the textbook.
- Start programming projects when they are assigned.
- Ask lots of questions.
- No yawning, please. It's contagious.
- No chatting, pass notes.
- Laptops in the back.
- Enter late/exit early quietly please.
- Cell phones ...
You know C, this is C++.