CMSC 202 Computer Science II, Spring 2007, Section 010x
Lecture 25: Standard Template Library
Tuesday 05/08, 2007
Slides As Shown:
- Announced revised midterm/final exam grading policy.
See announcement slides.
- Continued discussion of binary search trees.
- Discussed hash tables. Used
structure visualization tool to compare open vs closed hashing.
- Discussed the STL container classes vector, list, set, map and
- Performed timing runs on these data structures on random
data with 10,000, 20,000, 200,000 and 400,000 elements:
- The conclusion is that the choice of data structure can
have a drastic effect on the running time of a program.
- Asked students to think about the 7 pirates and 65 gold pieces
problem for Thursday. Think recursively!
[Spring '07 CMSC202]
9 May 2007 00:30:07 EDT