All exams will be closed book, closed notes, and completed without the use of calculators, computers, or phones.
A photo ID is required for all exams.
Late or make-up exams will only be allowed under the following circumstances:
- The student has a documented requirement for accommodation. An Accommodation Letter from Student Disability Services is required.
- The student is participating in an athletic competition that conflicts with the scheduled exam time and has presented an official letter from the UMBC Athletics Department.
- The student experiences a documented medical or personal emergency that prevents them from attending the exam.
- The exam conflicts with a major religious observance.
- For other reasons, at the discretion of the instructor, with advance notice.
In all cases, it is the student's responsibility to initiate a request for a late or make-up exam; except in the case of emergency, this must be done at least one week prior to the scheduled exam time. Contact your instructor via email.
The midterm will be held in class, on March 15th and 16th.
The review worksheet for the midterm exam can be downloaded here.
The final exam is a common final. All CMSC 201 students will
take the exam on Friday, May 19th from 6 to 8 PM. The
location of the final exam depends on your lecture section.
All students in lecture sections 01 and 13 (Dr. Gibson's sections) will take their exam in ENGR 027.
All students in lecture sections 07 and 19 (Dr. Wilson's sections) will take their exam in MEYR 030.
The review worksheet for the final exam can be downloaded here.