All exams will be closed book, closed notes, and completed without the use of calculators, computers, or phones.
A photo ID is required for all exams. Additionally, all exams must be completed in pencil.
Late or make-up exams will only be allowed under the following circumstances:
- The student has a documented requirement for accommodation. An Accommodation Letter from Student Disability Services is required.
- The student is participating in an athletic competition that conflicts with the scheduled exam time and has presented an official letter from the UMBC Athletics Department.
- The student experiences a documented medical or personal emergency that prevents them from attending the exam.
- The exam conflicts with a major religious observance.
- For other reasons, at the discretion of the instructor, with advance notice.
In all cases, it is the student's responsibility to initiate a request for a late or make-up exam; except in the case of emergency, this must be done at least one week prior to the scheduled exam time. Contact your instructor via email.
Study guides will be provided to assist you in preparation for the exams. They will cover the major topics taught during lectures and labs.
All CMSC 201 students will take the exam on Friday, December 14th from 6:00 to 8:00 PM. The location of the final exam will depend on your discussion section number, and can be found below.
- ENGR 027 - Sections 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 20, 21
- ITE 104 - Sections 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 27
- MEYR 030 - Sections 16, 17, 18, 19, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
- SHER 003 - Sections 23, 24, 25, 26, 28
The first midterm will be held in class on October 3rd and 4th, at your
usual class time and place.
The review worksheet for the midterm exam can be downloaded here.
The second midterm will be held in class on November 14th and 15th at your usual class time and place.
The review worksheet for the second exam can be downloaded here
You can find information on the exam format, content, and advice on how to study here.