All exams will be closed book, closed notes, and completed without the use of calculators, computers, or phones.
A photo ID is required for all exams.
Late or make-up exams will only be allowed under the following circumstances:
- The student has a documented requirement for accommodation. An Accommodation Letter from Student Disability Services is required.
- The student is participating in an athletic competition that conflicts with the scheduled exam time and has presented an official letter from the UMBC Athletics Department.
- The student experiences a documented medical or personal emergency that prevents them from attending the exam.
- The exam conflicts with a major religious observance.
- For other reasons, at the discretion of the instructor, with advance notice.
In all cases, it is the student's responsibility to initiate a request for a late or make-up exam; except in the case of emergency, this must be done at least one week prior to the scheduled exam time. Contact your instructor via email.
Study guides will be provided to assist you in preparation for the exams. They will cover the major topics taught during lectures and labs.
The midterm will be held in class on Wednesday and Thursday, October 19th and 20th at your usual class time and place.
You can find all of the practice problems from the slides, as well as the relevant vocabulary for the midterm exam, in this document.
The review worksheet for the final exam can be downloaded here. Paper copies will also be made available in class on December 12th and 13th.
The final exam is a common final. All CMSC 201 students will take the exam on Thursday, December 15th from 3:30 to 5:30 PM. The location of the final exam will depend on your discussion section number, and can be found below.
- Fine Arts 215 - Sections 9, 15, 18
- Fine Arts 306 - Sections 12, 17, 20, 24
- Engineering 027 - Sections 2, 4, 6, 8, 14, 16, 22, 23, 27, 30
- Performing Arts 132 - Sections 3, 10, 21, 26
- Public Policy 105 - Sections 5, 11, 28, 29
Students who have a conflict with the exam time (including those
students taking MATH 152 this semester) are to take the makeup final
on Friday, December 16th from 6 to 8 PM in Sherman 003.
The makeup final is only available to those students with a conflict, and arrangments must be made in advance by contacting Dr. Gibson. You may not choose which exam time you want to attend.