Congratulations to the record number of CSEE graduate students who will make oral or poster presentations at the 2011 UMBC Graduate Research Conference on Friday April 29th. The presentations will take place in two sessions, one 9:00 to 10:50 and another 11:00 to 12:50. Poster sessions will be on the seventh floor of the library and oral presentations in UC 312. See the GRC site for a program booklet with abstracts and the session schedules.
- Yousef Ebrahimi, Increasing Transmission Power for Higher Base-station Anonymity in Wireless Sensor Network
- Zamon Granger, Stabilizing Air Pressure in a Hermetic Environment with Embedded Technology
- Congchong Liu, Optimizing MapReduce Programming Model through Adaptive Load Balance
- Kavita Krishnaswamy, Path planning a robotic arm efficiently
- Varish Mulwad, Generating knowledge from tables
- Darshana Dalvi, Genome-based Clinical Decision Support System
- Ashwini Lahane, Detection of unsafe actions in laparoscopic cholecystectomy surgical videos
- Karuna Pande Joshi, Lifecycle of virtualized services on the cloud
- Jon Ward, ICF: A Physical Layer Metric for Measuring Anonymity in Wireless Sensor Networks
- Theoplis E. Stewart Sr., Smart Grid: What are some underlying implications to overlaying digital technology onto the electric power grids?
- Sai Ma, Tom Eichele and Nicolle M. Correa, Hierarchical and graphical analysis of fMRI network connectivity in healthy and schizophrenic groups.
- Shiming Yang , Near Real"time Data Assimilation for the HYSPLIT Aerosol Dispersion Model.
- Yu Wang , A Framework for GPU 3D Model Reconstruction using Structure-from-Motion
- Akshaya Iyengar, Estimating Temporal Boundaries of Events using Social Media Data
- Brice Cannon, Paveen Apiratikul and John Hryniewicz, Characterization of semiconductor optical waveguides
- Brian White Jr., The Mobile Memory
- Xing Chen, Standoff photoacoustic chemical detection using quantum cascade lasers
- Yi Xin, On Gas Detection and Concentration Estimation via Mid-IR-based Gas Detection System Analysis Model
- Robert J. Weiblen, Calculation of the expected bandwidth for a mid-infrared supercontinuum source based on As2S3 chalcogenide photonic crystal fibers
- Pramod Jagtap, Privacy Preservation in Context Aware Geo-social Networking Applications