- Professor of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
- 329 Information Technology and Engineering Building
- University of Maryland Baltimore County
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
- Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Illinois
- S.B., Electrical Engineering, MIT
- Tim Finin is a Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC). He has over 30 years of experience in the applications of Artificial Intelligence to problems in information systems, intelligent interfaces and robotics and is currently working on social media, the semantic web, intelligent agents and mobile computing. He holds degrees from MIT and the University of Illinois and has also held positions at Unisys, the University of Pennsylvania, and the MIT AI Laboratory. To learn more about Dr. Finin’s research pursuits, read his
- Wenjia Li, Anupam Joshi and Tim Finin, SVM-CASE: An SVM-based Context Aware Security Frame-work for Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks, IEEE 82nd Vehicular Technology Conf., Sept. 2015.
- Laura Zavala, Pradeep K. Murukannaiah, Nithyananthan Poosamani, Tim Finin, Anupam Joshi, Injong Rhee, and Munindar P. Singh. Platys: From Position to Place-Oriented Mobile Computing, AI Magazine, v36, n2, July 2015.
- Lushan Han, Tim Finin, Anupam Joshi and Doreen Cheng, Querying RDF Data with Text Annotated Graphs, 27th Int. Conf. on Scientific and Statistical Database Management, San Diego, June 2015.
- Jennifer Sleeman and Tim Finin and Anupam Joshi, Entity Type Recognition for Heterogeneous Semantic Graphs, AI Magazine, v36n1, pp. 75-86, April 2015, AAAI Press
- Karuna P Joshi, Yelena Yesha, and Tim Finin, Automating Cloud Services Lifecycle through Semantic Technologies, IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, IEEE Computer Society, 7(1): 109-122, 2014.
- Lushan Han, Tim Finin, Paul McNamee, Anupam Joshi, and Yelena Yesha, Improving Word Similarity by Augmenting PMI with Estimates of Word Polysemy, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data En-gineering, IEEE Computer Society, v25n6, pp. 1307-1322, 2013.